Different types of Work Experience
- Part-time (term-time) jobs; possibly course-related or jobs such as sales, hospitality or manufacturing.
- Vacation jobs during the summer, Easter and Christmas holidays (full and part-time).
- Campus jobs including Ice Club; paid work for Sheffield Hallam students
- Internships; can be paid or unpaid and are usually in the summer vacation.
- Placements; usually for one academic year and often linked to your course.
- Volunteering; unpaid work often for a charity, public service and sometimes a company
- Work-shadowing; observing someone in their job role, usually unpaid and short term.
- University committees, clubs, societies, and student representative positions provide opportunities to develop skills such as communication, team-working, organising, problem-solving and leadership.