Employment trends in the creative industries
- the majority of the workforce is located in London and the South East, but opportunities do exist nationwide
- most workers are freelance or self-employed
- 'portfolio careers' are common; workers manage a number of part time contracts at the same time - these could be all related to performing arts, or incorporate other types of work
Marketing yourself and job search
- The main way that you will find work in this field is to network. If you aspire to professional acting, you will also probably want to get yourself an agent. You can get advice on this from Spotlight here.
- You can look for adverts in specialist publications such as The Stage. Many of the suggested links on the right hand side of this page also advertise jobs.
- There is through advice about CVs, applications and interviews here. Performance CVs are very different from conventional CVs; the main differences being they are one page and include a photo. Have a look at the template on the bottom right hand side of this page (Useful Files) and also the advice on Actor Hub