Business and Industry
Market research can be carried out within a large organisation or a specialist market research agency, utilising the research skills gained on your course. This could be medical or healthcare related and utilise quantitative or qualitative methods. Some organisations have begun to use neuro-marketing techniques such as EEG, eye tracker software and galvanic skin response, so your technical skills could be useful also.
With a masters and research experience you could enter a role as a research assistant in academia or study towards a PhD. With a PhD you could work as a research associate or lecturer.
What do SHU Clinical Cognitive Neuroscience graduates do?
Six months after graduating, destinations included:
* Mental health support worker at Mind
* Medical researcher at Gillian Kenney Associates
* Community support worker at Rotherham Hospice
* Service manager at Mencap
* Assistant Psychologist at Turning Point
* PhD student at Sheffield Hallam University
Longer term destinations include:
* Research Project Manager at Derbyshire NHS Foundation Trust
* Independent Mental Health Advocate at Advent Advocacy Ltd
* Operational Scientist at Cambridge Cognition
* Neuroscientist at Caudwell Children
* Trainee Clinical Psychologist at Sheffield University
Caroline Hanson- August 2015