The questions you will be asked in an interview will usually be directly related to the knowledge, experience and skills listed on the person specification. Example questions for Sociology related roles are listed below:
- Why did you apply for this position and what is your understanding of the role?
- What skills and experience do you have, that would make you a suitable candidate for the position?
- Please tell me about a successful piece of research you have carried out recently.
- How would you deal with a situation which involved communicating complex information to a client who was in significant distress?
- Communication is a key part of this role. Can you give an example and describe a time when you have used your communication skills to deal with a difficult or emotive situation?
- What steps would you take to build an effective and positive relationship with a vulnerable young person?
- Tell me about a time when you have had to solve a problem on behalf of a customer or client.
- Please give an example of a time you have had to organise yourself and others.
- What is your understanding of what is meant by excellent communication skills? When have you put this understanding into practice?
- How has your degree prepared you for this job?
- Please tell me about a time you have been involved in a social or political campaign. What steps did you take to ensure the campaign was a success?