For general advice on interviews, see the Interviews pages.
Here are some examples of Creative Media specific questions:
- Can you provide an example of when you have successfully followed through a creative/innovative idea from its original concept until its successful launch/exhibition?
- Give an example when you have presented your work to others and have had to deal with critical questioning from your audience. How did you approach your responses, and how successful were you in arguing your case?
- How is your work influenced? / What are the main influences in your work?
- How do you measure your own creative/design success?
- What major issues are currently affecting the creative industry?
A recent interview question asked by a local Sheffield Creative Media company was: 'How many people do you estimate attended your local cinema last week? What would you do to double the footfall in the following week?'
Keeping up to date with current issues
The best way to keep abreast of the latest factors influencing or affecting the creative industries is to regularly read specific trade newsletters and publications, and consult related professional organisations/associations. Employers will expect graduates to be aware of relevant current issues as well as the latest and forthcoming sector exhibitions and events. They are likely to assess your knowledge and understanding at an interview. In addition to area-specific skills it is very important that you are able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the commercial aspects of the work you are or will be involved in.