PROFILING FOR SUCCESS©
Profiling for Success (Sheffield Hallam University students only) is an online profiling tool which you can use to practice psychometric tests [Login code]. Profiling for Success includes a series of tests and questionnaires covering your learning style, personality, motivations, interests and approach to relationships. These tests are not timed and include:
- A Learning Styles Indicator
- A Personality Type Dynamics Indicator
- A Values-based Indicator of Motivation
SHL© are one of the leading providers of psychometric tests. Many graduate recruiters use their tests to recruit graduates for the role, and to check that you have the particular aptitudes and behavioural qualities required for the job.
They have an area on their website where you can practise these tests: SHL© Test Preparation
Help and resources:
- You can book online to see and adviser or contact the Careers and Employability Centre for an appointment 0114 225 3752. We can talk through how these assessments differ from general qualifications and how they are scored differently. Take your test results to an appointment for personalised advice or attend one the the workshops on psychometric assessments.There are several books and other resources on psychometric tests in the resources area in the Careers and Employability Centre
- Numeracy Skills for Employability - a free online course aimed at helping you prepare for employers' online numeracy tests.
- MathTutor - video tutorials and quick reference handouts to refresh your numerical skills!
- GraduateWings - graduate verbal reasoning practice guide
- You can get 'Maths Help!' through study skills workshops and drop in sessions run through the Learning Centre.